Total Pageviews

Which of the Eeveelutions is your favorite?

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Chapter 02

Ready? What!? GO!


I found myself conscious again, but still within my dark, red chamber. I shook my head and looked around. I felt... different. I didn't know how, but something felt like things had changed. I knew already that I would probably never see Eevee or Vileplume again, but that would be a good thing, because that meant they would stay free. I shook myself to wake up better. I was a trainer's Pokemon now, but what did that entail? Listening to him? Being his friend? I didn't even know if those stories were true. I hoped they were, though, and nothing could stop me from it. Then, there was a sound, it was like a mixture splashing water and rushing air through caves.

The first thing was the feeling of air against my light pelt. It wasn't cold, just nice and cool as it gently grazed my skin, not stuffy like that red chamber. I opened my eyes and found a tall figure. Looking up, it was Ampheros' trainer... my trainer. I don't know how humans are supposed to look, but he was taller than Ampheros, with black hair that was about chin-length and silver eyes. He was looking rather intimidating with how to shadows spread over half of his face in the dawn light. I was surprised, I must have slept for half a day and a night.

He crouched down next to me and I stepped back cautiously. I knew, then, that one thing that had changed was that I could understand his language. ”Hey there, Eevee,” He smiled and reached out a hand towards me. I narrowed my eyes. Why did he think my name was Eevee, when obviously it has been Pale for a while.

”My sister's name is Eevee.” I stated, slightly defiant towards him. He caught me, and took me away from my family, and thinks I'll just forgive him and let him pet me? His hand stayed where it was, not moving towards me, but not moving away, either. It seemed like just an offer. He didn't seem to understand my words, like I could his, and just kept his face calm and inviting. Why was he so hard to walk away from, so suddenly? Why couldn't I just run away now and go back home? Something felt like it was holding me here, with him.

The trainer looked over my fur. I think,” He began. ”I'll name you Ghost.” I wanted to be defiant, but something held me from growling or telling him off. My name was Pale. I wouldn't accept another name. It wasn't like he could understand me if I told him, though. I glared at him a moment as continued looking over me. I was usually up this hour every day, so it made no difference, but it seemed somewhat strange how awake he was, too. Weren't human's supposed to be full daylight creatures?

It wasn't long before I noticed my hunger, and couldn't help but to sniff his hand to see if, maybe, there was any food on him. I could smell food, but there was none in his palm. He suddenly moved his hand and rubbed the top of my head. I growled a bit and he stood and turned to a fire I only noticed when he turned attention to it. I looked at it with wide eyes, wondering why it wasn't spreading and why he wasn't afraid of it. Well, if he wasn't afraid, then there was no reason to hide from it.

I moved forward and sniffed around the edge. My nose tingled with the heat and I sneezed as ash caught in my nostrils. I smelled food, somewhere, though. My belly growled and I looked up at a the boy as he stirred something that smelled really good. Not as good as Vileplume's aromatherapy, but food smelled amazing and my mouth was watering at the scent. I could smell meat, vegetables, and herbs mixed wonderfully together in boiling water. I licked my lips and sat down as I curiously wondered if he could eat out of a pot so big.

He finished cooking quickly, and went to his backpack. I watched him curiously, wondering what he was doing over there. He pulled out wooden bowls, seven total, and placed six of them in a row. I wondered why he did this, it seemed strange. He took the pot and filled each bowl, all of which were in a line of smallest to biggest, then filled his own bowl with the rest of it. He put the bowl in his hand down and took out five of those red and white balls. Wordlessly, he released five Pokemon from their chambers. I looked at them all, they were so big and strong, I felt small.

”Everyone, this is your new companion, Ghost.” The trainer announced to them all. I spotted Ampheros first, and glared at her, remembering how she had cruelly attacked Vileplume. Then I saw Blastoise, Garchomp, Sawsbuck, and Houndoom as they all looked me over critically. I felt like I was being judged, so I held my head high, even though these titans were far above my level. They all looked very dangerous, and very strong, and definitely much bigger than me. ”Now, let's eat, why don't we?” He called and all the Pokemon gathered, but it seemed mechanical to me, there was no emotion as they walked to their respective bowls.

He looked at me and crouched down. ”Come on, Ghost, come and eat something, I'm sure you're hungry.” He lured, indicating the smallest, but certainly big enough for me, bowl. I blinked at him, unsure for a moment. So, trainers were nice, right? Then... He was going to take care of me? I thought about my family, how I had let them down countless times. This was like a new start, wasn't it? A new world for me, a new life. I got to start over. I got to leave my mistakes behind, because no one here knew about them. I could be better.

I wagged my tail and delightedly hopped over. I would do better. I lost my indifference then, because my new start wouldn't be right if I made the mistake of judging them all because of what they've done. It was normal for trainers to fight and catch Pokemon, they were made for it. I decided, right then, that I would never let him down. I would stop my mistakes and be better than I was. I wished that I could have done that for my family, but now was a new beginning, so I had the chance wide open for me. Now was my time.

I sniffed the bowl, but at noticing no one else eating yet, I sat down and looked up at the boy. He smiled at me and patted my head. “Smart little one.” I said. I smiled. I had just done the right thing! I didn't even know what I had done, I guessed that it wasn't time to eat yet. I sat up as he stood and looked over his team. “Why weren't any of you smart enough to figure that out like little Ghost, here?” He asked them. The Pokemon glared at me, and I felt like I should sink into the earth, but I stayed at attention and only glanced at them self consciously. I swallowed nervously. The Garchomp looked quite ready to eat me.

He smirked and looked over them all. “Alright, pair up, three per team!” I was confused. Pair up? I watched as Garchomp and Blastoise paired up, then Houndoom quickly too his place with them as Sawsbuck and Ampheros paired up on their own. They looked at me rather nervously, then glanced at each other as if they had just lost. “So, Flourish, Storm and Ghost against Rampage, Cannon and Major. Hmm.” He paused for a moment, then; “Rampage, switch with Storm!”” The Garchomp looked outraged, but he followed orders and switched with Ampheros. He glared at me, but I was still confused as to what we were doing.

Better get ready for the fight of your life, kid.” Sawsbuck, or Flourish told me. I looked up at her. We were fighting!? Each other? I looked to the other three, Ampheros, or Storm, Blastoise, Cannon, and Houndoom, Major. I swallowed nervously, again. What kind of attacks did I have against these three? Synchronoise wouldn't even effect any of them, and tackle could only do so much. Wait, wasn't my trainer supposed to tell us what to do? I looked to him curiously. He was looking over everything, then stood to the side between both teams.

Alright, get knocked off your feet and you're out.” He stated. “Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment