Total Pageviews

Which of the Eeveelutions is your favorite?

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Chapter 04

Use Return!


His name was Marcus, Flourish had told me while we ate. The soup had tasted good, it had meat and vegetables that warmed me and made me feel more content. I had watched the trainer pack up his tent and put out the fire, and then I was in my red chamber again. I didn't so much like the chamber, but I didn't know how to get out. I scratched at the sides, nibbled at the opening, but I just couldn't find away out. After a while of trying to get out, I curled up and decided to take a nap.

However, I didn't get to nap long. Voices woke me from my short nap and I yawned, blinking the sleep out of my eyes. I looked up, though all I could see through the red ceiling were vague shapes. I couldn't make out language, either. I sniffed, but as it was coming to normally be, the air was stale and I couldn't smell anything that was outside of it. I growled in irritation, but sat up and pressed my face against the red ceiling. I could see a bit better, and made out two human forms. I wondered if one of them was Marcus, or if they were others. I turned around and saw the shadow of my trainer, as my chamber was still hooked on his belt.

My tail wagged in excitement. Would I get to meet them, too? Would they be exactly like Marcus? Did they look like Marcus? I dug at the walls excitedly as I heard their muffled voices. They were both lighter than Marcus' voice, but one was especially lighter, and I made a guess that they were female. What kind of difference did human males and females have? Were their teeth bigger as males, like zubat? Maybe that patch of hair on their heads was different in length, or color? I tried to listen, but I could only get words and incomplete sentences at most, the rest was just muffled. “Let me out! I wanna see!” I called, but the words just echoed around my chamber.

After a few minutes, I sat down in defeat, yet, just like that, a shadow fell over my red chamber, then there was a flash and I felt the grass beneath my paws. “Yes!” I called and shook off the staleness that felt like it lingered in my fur from the chamber. I looked up at the two new humans. They both had bright, light hair atop their heads. The female had longer hair, just past her chin, while the male's was shorter. Both of their eyes shared the same blue color and wide shape. They looked like a male-female mirror of one another.

The girl squealed and crouched down next to me, in which I jumped back nervously. “Your Eevee is so cute! Oh, and it's shiny, too!” She smiled widely at me. I looked myself over. My fur had a sheen, but it wasn't exactly 'shiny'. All well, humans were a bit confusing, sometimes. I raised my head and strutted up to her.

Hiya! I'm not that shiny, but that's okay. who are you? I'm Ghost!” The moment I uttered the last word, I stopped. My name had been Pale, but it had changed in that one blink of an eye. It was Pale, right? I felt like it was already a distant word. I wasn't Pale anymore, though, I was Ghost, and I had started over with Marcus and his team. My partners. Yes. I am Ghost now. Pale was a klutz, and Pale made too many mistakes. I wouldn't be Pale anymore, and I would show my new partners how great I can be.

As I looked up at this human's blue eyes, there was a difference. Marcus' eyes were a steely grey, but that wasn't the only difference. Hers were brighter, she looked more excited and friendly. I smiled at her. I liked her. “Yes,” Marcus replied as he picked me up. He was strangely gentle. “I just caught her, so she's not very well trained yet. That's why I wanted to ask if I could battle with one of you?” He smiled at them. Right then, there was a different light in his eyes. He looked more friendly, too, as he looked at the human twins. Was this just the appearances they made when they greeted one another, perhaps?

Oh, I would love to battle, my Lullaby needs a bit of training, too!” The girl replied. She took on of the balls that had the chambers in them off of her belt. I watched curiously as an Oddish appeared from the flash of white light that the ball emitted. She shook herself and looked around, then gleefully greeted her trainer. “Ready?” The girl asked Marcus, who looked down at me expectantly.

More than ready!” I called and jumped out of his arms. The trainers took their respective steps back, and the boy twin stood between the two and to the side. He said something about refereeing, but I didn't really understand or care that much. I was excited, would this be like the battle earlier? I forced myself not to wince as I thought about the burns Major had given me, instead I focused on watching Lullaby for any movement.

As the challenger, I'll go first.” Marcus said smoothly. I saw the girl nod. Were they battling, too? I wondered what humans could do, in attack terms. I hadn't really ever known much about them... “Ghost, use Sandattack!” Surprised, I stumbled on realizing what he wanted me to do. So he was giving me an order! I kicked dirt at my opponent, but her trainer had already reacted, telling the Oddish to avoid it. Then there was retaliation. Acid was shot at me, I heard Marcus tell me to dodge it, but I was already on it. I leaped to my side, though the spray still stung my tail and a bit of my left side. I winced in distaste for the stinging, but turned back to my opponent as Marcus uttered another attack.

Then there wasn't any sort of turn. I followed Marcus' orders whenever I could, usually he was quick to react, and I was the slow one. He told me to move once, but I reacted sluggishly and was powdered in purple dust that made me feel sick to my stomach. After that, I felt dizzy and like I was going to vomit. I was even worse off after that. “Ghost, use tackle attack!” Marcus called. I growled and headed straight for my opponent. Lullaby's trainer was too slow to react, and commanded her to dodge too late. I hit dead on, throwing the oddish back.

As suddenly as that powder made me feel sick, I began to recover from it. I shook my head to clear it and watch Lullaby jump to her feet again. Her trainer told her to use another attack, in which Marcus again told me to move. I leaped to my left, leaving the orange powder to float gently to the ground. I was ordered to use Sandattack, which I did, and Lullaby's absorb simply had her choking on dirt. I grinned and wagged my tail. Clever Marcus! I charged as he ordered me to use another tackle, at the same time that Lullaby's trainer ordered her to use an attack.

I darted straight through a cloud of yellow dust, but I still rammed into my opponent. However, as Lullaby got up, my muscles felt stiff. I stepped back, though my muscles angrily fought the movement. I felt horrible, it was like my bones and muscles had suddenly locked into the position I stood in. I squeaked in discomfort and tried to shake myself out of it, yet the response of my body was simply trembling.

Suddenly, I was drenched by an acid attack, in which I cried out pain and shut my eyes tightly. I felt weak, but my muscles wouldn't let me collapse. I took another step back as the painful burning liquid slipped down my sides. Marcus told me to attack, to move, to dodge, but I could barely tremble as the oddish attacked again. An absorb attack, but finally my muscles released me. I collapsed. I was in pain, as I laid there. Had I failed Marcus? No, I didn't want to fail him. I just didn't! I growled and forced myself to ignore the aching, the stiffness, and the sickness that ravaged my body. Only Pale would give up now.

I felt something new come about. My mind was set on doing something new, something to impress Marcus. Something I couldn't do before. I moved faster than I ever had before with a quick attack. I hit Oddish dead-on, as no one had expected the attack. I panted as I watched Oddish roll backwards. Marcus didn't say a word on it, but the human girl exclaimed in surprise. “Lullaby, use return!” She cried afterwards. I was through. The Oddish made a ball of energy, but I had no hope in moving out of the way. I was out of luck, and already on the verge of passing out. Then it hit me, and I was thrown back. I don't remember landing, because I blacked out in the air.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment